Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Swapped Towel


Few days back, at the gym in my work-place,
I went to take a shower after a workout phase
I had hung my towel outside, on a hook,
but later when I came out to look,
I realized a guy from the next shower room,
had gone with my towel leaving his to loom!!

Only two grim choices I could see on inspection -
Either drape his towel around my mid-section,
risking the possibility of some weird infection
Or nude-walk to the towel rack, risking detection!

I made up my mind and chose the latter,
but this was hardly an easy matter,
as the towel rack was nearly a hundred feet away!
So like a secret spy on a trail of a prey,
I tip-toed to the nearest corner after much delay,
waited to ensure the coast was clear my way,
took a deep breath hoping my fears would allay,
And made a Big Bold Dash with Everything on display!

Time seemed to slow down and the towel rack afar
my birthday dress was dripping wet, it was bizarre!

But finally after what seemed like eternity,
I had made it, no sneak peaks to the fraternity
The soft towel covered critical real estate
phew, I was relieved ... never felt so great!

But just as I thought none had seen me zoom,
a gentle voice went, "It's ok man, you're in the Men's room"
!

5 comments:

  1. hillarious narration!
    my condolences to whoever ended up with your towel
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good- nice post (like the rhyme) -


    how much is your gym membership ;)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Callahan ... Thanks for the compliment. Given my high standards of hygiene, I'd say that guy should be quite safe :P :P

    @Koushik .. Hey Thanks (gym membership is free for employees - maybe one of the reason I shower there :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude !!
    Bob was telling me that towels on the rack in men's room are not always clean. oops !
    We gotta grab clean ones as we enter the gym.
    They never keep towels on the rack. some dude
    who did not use his towel , hopefully, kept it on that rack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am truly touched by your kind concern, shase bhauu.. thanks so much!! But I sort of already knew this. Handful of folks leave their unused extra towels in the rack...

    I was comfortable taking my risk by using a dry neatly folded towel in the rack as opposed to someone's wet towel hanging on a hook outside the showers!

    ReplyDelete